Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Slow going

Did a little more cleaning up of my story at lunch today. Working on little fixes and edits over the last week. Almost done, though it needs serious editing with the next draft. I'm still at beginning of the second act--75 pages so far, or about 13,000 words, for what that's worth, which is not bad considering I've been working on it for a little under a month. Should hit it again in earnest by next week once my current art project is done. I'm proud that I've maintained a fairly consistent output. I still thinking about my other tw stories as well. I've cranked up my commitment partly because of my my present situation at work. I'm swinging back into that feeling of needing to carve my own path through my own work. I hope, I have to believe I can do that with my writing, even more than my art, because it gives me more creative satisfaction, and I hope I can at least use this story as an exercise in both completing a work and submitting it. Even if it is not published, it will teach me the steps I will need to take with future projects, but more so show me I can commit to a project and finally let it go (these lessons having been so hard for me to learn). I desperately need to see myself beyond how my job defines me. I need to become my own person and stand on the merits of my own accomplishments. I have to stop hiding myself and my work. Getting there, slowly. Oh so slowly. But the day I get there, it will of course have all been worth it, because like it or not, this is the only way I can get there.

Will try to post new work by the weekend. Off to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment